Founded in 2008, Turning Point Ministries is a non-profit Christian-based community organization dedicated to building affordable housing for hard-working moderate-income families in Edmond, Oklahoma. Turning Point builds our homes with the help of volunteers and donors.
We build houses through partnerships with diverse segments of the community. The City of Edmond, churches, businesses, individuals, service clubs and foundations have all helped us provide affordable housing for qualified deserving individuals and families in our community.
We are a “hands up, not a hand-out” ministry. Our families work hard to become homeowners. Houses are pre-built and sold to selected qualified families and financed with affordable loans. Some of our homeowners are:
- A public school teacher of autistic children who is the single mother of 4, including one child who has significant health issues.
- A single mother who is employed in Edmond and works as a bookkeeper at a local church.
- A legally blind single woman who is a graduate of Francis Tuttle Technical Center.
- A single mother who is a graphics designer…
- A single mother who is employed at a local lawyer’s office, with 3 children, one of whom is deaf.
- A family of 4 who had previously been unable to purchase a home.
- A wheelchair bound single woman.
- An Edmond public school teacher who is a single mother.
- Women whose home was destroyed by a tornado.
- A single mother/grandmother who is employed by the City of Edmond.
- A Missionary and his wife.
Financial support for Turning Point comes through fundraising, community and family grants, Edmond churches, community organizations, and individual donations. Although we occasionally put a “face” to our ministry by sharing the stories of our clients, all contributions to Turning Point Ministries are directed toward the ministry and not earmarked for a specific client.”
Volunteer are from the faith community, city, and civic organizations. Our fundraising events include an annual Edmond Thanksgiving Turkey Trot. Turning Point is overseen by a Board of Directors from the Edmond community. Turning Point has no paid staff, is a 501 (c) (3) and donations are tax deductible. Will you join us with your prayers, your financial contributions and your volunteer help?